basic gtkmm desktop

Hi all,

I am thinking of building a very basic desktop GUI on top of a stripped down version of Fedora. That is, I have a Fedora system installed on my machine, with no desktop environment whatsoever, no Gnome, no KDE, no X Window, nothing graphical. Is it possible to build a basic/simple desktop environment for this, using only gtkmm? Are there any dependencies or prerequisites, other than the ones required for installing gtkmm?

Thank you,
Adrian