Re: blocking and unblocking signals

On 04/12/2011 02:17 PM, Kees Kling wrote:
Hi,

I wrote a drawingArea in which I do a complex drawing. To update the
area takes about 2-3 seconds, so after panning/zooming I create a
display I draw a temporary image and after that i recreate the new
drawing. This recreation is done in an on_Idle function. If I connect
the on_Idle function in the widget constructor, the application uses a
lot of CPU. Next step was to connect and block the connection in the
constructor and when needed to unblock it till the update is done.
Blocking works, but I unblocking doesn't

Same problem here (except that I use the idle signal to poll some other events). Blocking works, unblocking does not :-/

Regards

Oscar Lazzarino