signal_realize

Hi,

just a newbie with gtkmm i'm hvaing some problems with the signal realize.

I making a custom window which will take care of arranging its childs. Therefor I need the size of the window. I know that I can only requets te size when the window is realized, so I made a ctor

screenManager::screenManager() : Window() {
wb = manage(new windowBox()); // my own packing box
   add(*wb);
   wb->show();
   signal_realize().connect(sigc::mem_fun(*this,&screenManager::realized));
}

void screenManager::realized() {
   cout<<"realized"<<endl;
}

So I connected the function realized to the signal_realize(). It compiles, but the realized function is never called.

How come??

regards
Kees Kling