Re: Freedom

On 5/24/2010 2:39 PM, michi7x7 wrote:
Am 2010-05-24 19:10, schrieb José Alburquerque:
On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 11:55 -0400, ArbolOne wrote:
One of the most annoying constrains I have found is
that in MS-Win I am not allow to display pictures on the buttons. Could
this be change?
Are you sure about that?  I just tried the button example from the book
in Windows XP:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/unstable/sec-pushbuttons.html.en#pushbutton-example

and the icon appears with the button just as in the example.

It is possible to change the theme of the currently running program or force a widget to look different (like your example shows). It is also possible to draw windows directly using cairo or gdk. Gtkmm is not the only Library to draw Windows though,
you should also take a look at cluttermm and goocanvasmm, for example.

With regards,

michi7x7