Re: Re: Reading From A Pipe

On May 11, 2010 1:33pm, pub <pub inbox hughes net> wrote:
> I am using pipes with file descriptors. How can the pipe be flushed?

File descriptors don't need flushing since there's no buffering
going on. If you write a single byte to a pipe it should be available
immediately at the other end. Only if you have mapped a file
descriptor to a file pointer using fdopen() and you then use C
standard I/O functions you would need to consider buffering,
but then the usual fflush() will do the job.