Re: g_threads_enter() equivalent

On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 16:20 -0400, Talguy wrote:
> I was wondering if there is an equivalent function to
> g_threads_enter()/leave() in gtkmm.  Is gtkmm thread aware like gtk+
> is.  Reason why I would like to know is I want to port the multi
> threaded animation example of cairo's site to gtkmm to better help me
> out in my animations.
>
> http://cairographics.org/threaded_animation_with_cairo/

There are not equivalent functions for those in gtkmm.  However, there
are thread capabilities in glibmm that might be used to achieve similar
results (though from posts on this list using threads in gtkmm might not
be very straightforward).  There are thread examples that can be used as
reference points:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/glibmm/stable/examples.html

--
José