Re: gtkmm 3.0.

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:53:44 +0200
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> Actually, we probably need to find a better example. I think it's
> generally agreed that there's no reason for TreeSelection to be a
> separate class from TreeView.

It is certainly worth seeing what coverage a weak pointer would have as
a matter of correctness, which would be a matter of going through all
the cases where gtkmm increments the reference count when wrapping a
GTK+ getter function, and therefore acquiring an ownership which GTK+
does not of itself intend to pass, and establishing whether it matters.

Weak pointers can be useful apart from that, of course.  Most tool kits
have something of that kind, but some are more thread safe than others.

Chris