Width of Gtk::RecentChooserMenu

Dear all Gtkmm devs

I have a simple problem, that I'm unable to find a solution for.
I want to have a "recent files" menu in a standard "File" menu, but with rather long names to display some relevant information.

I have a Gtk::RecentAction setup in the menu to provide the Gtk::RecentChooserMenu, but the menu does not automatically increase it's width to conform with the longer size. The displayed name in the recent menu is provided through Gtk::RecentManager::Data.

I've tried to call Gtk::Widget::set_size_request, my Gtk::RecentAction::get_menu(), but it didn't change anything. Neither did increasing the length of the URI that is used. I though about Gtk::Window::set_default_size, but the menu is not a window.

I feel like I'm missing something basic? Can you guys help me out?

Best regards
Morten Skaaning