Re: What is the recommended interface for color manipulation?

On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 16:24 +0100, BALLABIO GERARDO wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to ask you a question.
>
> I want to convert a string (e.g., "white", "blue", "#ff0000") to a color. I found in the gtkmm documentation that there's a class Gdk::Color with a constructor taking a Glib::ustring as argument. I tried it and it does what I want. However I also read that using Gdk for drawing is now deprecated and Cairo should be used instead. Is Gdk::Color deprecated too? If so, what should I use? I could not find a corresponding class or function in Cairomm.
>
> Thank you.
>  Gerardo

No, Gdk::Color is not deprecated.  You can keep using it.  There are
even some helper methods available for using Gdk::Color with cairo:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm/stable/namespaceGdk_1_1Cairo.html

--
Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon quotidian org>