Gtk::Builder, Gtk::Buildable and Gtk widgets question.

Hello. I have a class I want to construct from a Gtk::Builder file.
The class is a dialog. I want my c++ widget to preserve the is-a
relation to Gtk::Dialog, so I did like this:

class PreferencesDialog : public Gtk::Dialog {

};

The question is if there is a constructor getting a builder file.
I want to derive my widget from dialog. I tried to reparent the vbox
from the builder file dialog, and to remove the one from the c++
widget, but it segfaults and I don't know why.
Any help here? Thanks for your time.