Re: Gnomemm

So basically, there is no need for libgnome and llibgnomemm anymore, as they're going to be deprecated.
Does that mean that all their functionality is already available in gtkmm and other libraries?
Most Gnome applications still use libgnome. Will I be able to get the same functionality with gtkmm and
other libraries from the link you posted below?

2010/1/18 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 22:20 +0100, Krzesimir Nowak wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-01-17 at 13:55 +0200, Michael wrote:
> > Hello everybody.
> > I'm interested in learning to develop gnome applications in C++. I
> > know that there is gnomemm library, but I don't see any link to
> > documentation on this  library etc. on gtkmm.org, or gnome.org.
> > I was able to find:
> > http://www.gtkmm.org/gnomemm2/reference/html/index.html
> > using Google.
> > Is this the newest version of gnomemm docs? Why is it not linked
> > anywhere on gnome.org or gtkmm.org?
> > Are there any good tutorials on gnomemm, that I should read to get
> > started? Something you can advise me to read?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your answers.
> >

> Hi,
>
> most of the stuff in gnomemm is already deprecated - its substitutes are
> in gtkmm, giomm and probably others.
>
> As for tutorial - maybe begin with fine gtkmm tutorial book, which is
> located here:
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/2.17/

You might also follow the links here,
http://www.gtkmm.org/documentation.shtml