Re: [Fwd: Re: headers question]

Thank you again.

Jonathon Jongsma wrote:
oops, accidentally sent this response to murray instead of the list...

Re: headers question
From:
Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon quotidian org>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 2010 11:37:38 -0600
To:
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>

To:
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 18:16 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 12:02 -0500, Andy Gilman wrote:
I have been working with Gtkmm for about a month, and there are numerous things I am sure I need to know, but what I am wondering about now has to do with the headers. In most of the Gtkmm examples, the comprehensive "include <gtkmm.h> is used. I have copied this and of course it works fine. But would it speed up compilation if I could identify just the files I actually needed?
Maybe, slightly.

And is there an efficient way to do this?
Not that I know of. I just add includes as the compiler tells me I need
them, and don't try to remove unnecessary ones later.

Depends what you mean by efficient, I guess.  If you're looking at the
API documentation for e.g. Gtk::ComboBox::set_wrap_width() (just an
arbitrary example) at
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm/unstable/classGtk_1_1ComboBox.html#a320ba39253e225c63979b2d41342068c, you can scroll down to the bottom of that page and you'll notice the following:

"The documentation for this class was generated from the following file:
      * gtkmm/combobox.h
"

That should tell you which header file you need to include.

hope that helps