Re: Strange behaviour on dual screen setup

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Robert Pearce <rob bdt-home demon co uk> wrote:
> Hi Oscar,
>
> On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:31:14 +0100 you wrote:
>> BTW everything works if I switch to xinerama (using only one screen
>> with two monitors, instead of two screen, one per monitor) and use
>> window->move instead of window->set_screen, but I think this is
>> somewhat strange...
>
> My extremely limited and rather ancient experience of using dual
> monitors with X11 included lots of problems with mouse failures on the
> second screen, until I enabled Xinerama. So this may well not be a GTK
> issue.

I don't believe this is true. I myself use a dual screen X11 setup,
and I (usually) have no issues with the mouse at all. While not being
common, I do know there are a number of other people out there who use
this style of setup.

Unfortunately I don't usually use the _same_ application spread over
both screens. I'll try to use the example code once I'm back home to
see what happens.

~David