mingw and gtkmm

Aloha,

I am using ubuntu-10.10 and have installed the mingw crosscompiler available with synaptics. I can compile a simple console app with no problems. But when I try to cross compile a gtkmm app with mingw I always get errors. It compiles fine with g++ but not i586-mingw32msvc-g++. My latest and most successful effort is using code::blocks. The errors I am getting now are:

/usr/include/glib-2.0/gio/gcredentials.h:67: error: ‘uid_t’ does not name a type

'uid_t' is defined in /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/include/sys/types.h

Can anyone help?  If you need more info I can supply it.

Thanks
Bruce