Problem with Gtkmm and Builder

I am trying to build a simple GUI and have been having trouble getting the
Widgets to display fully.  The size of my window appears to be about the
size I would expect it to be and I can click where the button should be and
the event gets fired even though I can't actually see the button.

I decided to try using Glade and Gtk::Builder to see if this would help, but
I get the same results.

Here is my code:

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30451024/GUI.h GUI.h
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30451024/GUI.cpp GUI.cpp
http://old.nabble.com/file/p30451024/main.cpp main.cpp

Here a screenshot from Glade that shows what I'm trying to do.  A simple
window with a DrawingArea, a Start Button below it and a statusBar and
progressBar split under the button.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30451024/guiglade.jpg

I then run my program and this is the window that I get.  Note that the
progressBar almost appears but everything else is invisible.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30451024/guiqc.jpg

I pulled this from the gtkmm tutorial
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/sec-builder-using-derived-widgets.html.en
Programming with gtkmm - Using derieved widges  and I can't figure out why
my Widgets are not showing. :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.