Re: Custom widget and propagate on_expose_event

On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 12:34 +0100, Kees Kling wrote:
> Kees Kling wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm writing a sort of custom defined widget, which consists of several
> > standard widgets.
> >
> > It is derived from Gtk::Frame and has a Gtk::VBox . In the VBox I
> > placed some buttons, labels and a drawing area. So far everything
> > works quit well. For purposes like raising and moving this widget, I
> > thought it was better to give the widget a Gdk:: window and I added
> > this in the on_realize() method of this widget. Now when I run it only
> > the Gdk::window is shown, so I have to add something in the
> > on_expose_event to let the widget draws itself completely, but I don't
> > know what.
> >
> > pls help
> >
> > regards
> > Kees Kling _______________________________________________
> > gtkmm-list mailing list
> > gtkmm-list gnome org
> > http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gtkmm-list
> >
> Hi,
>
> I have to update my question, because I was still working on it. What I
> didn't mentionned in my first mail that the code I used is mainly based
> on the example of in the online gtkmm book chapter 26.2. Just now I
> discoverred that signals are propagated to the child widgets, but the
> wigdets are nor visible. I think the are coverred by the Gdk::Window.

If that's the case, may be necessary to deal with compositing the
Gdk::Window (see Gdk::Window::set_composited()[1]).  The C API docs of
GdkWindow[2] has more information on this.

[1]
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm/stable/classGdk_1_1Window.html#aba9d5bea3de05b31eff0da2bed753db8
[2]
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/gdk-Windows.html#gdk-Windows.description