Re: How class deriving from GInitiallyUnowned should be wrapped?

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 19:38 +0100, Krzesimir Nowak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at Gtk::CellRenderer and Gtk::FileFilter. Both C types
> derives GInitiallyUnowned, but in gtkmm the former derives from
> Gtk::Object and the latter - from Glib::Object. So first one can be
> handled as a pointer, the second - as Glib::RefPtr only.

Yes, our Gtk::Object lets us avoid forcing use of RefPtr for many more
types now that GtkObject is dead. I thought that using RefPtr for
CellRenderer would be a step too far. I could change my mind though.

FileFilter, RecentFilter, and Adjustment, however, must now (in gtkmm 3)
be used via RefPtr.

>  With
> GtkObject's demise should everything not deriving from GtkWidget or its
> descendants be wrapped as Glib::Objects?

Yes, that's generally true.

www.openismus.com