I/O Monitor signal connection

In the monitoring I/O examples page
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/unstable/sec-monitoring-io.html.en
This is the method to do the signal connection
sigc::connection Glib::SignalInput::connect(const
sigc::slot<bool,Glib::IOCondition>& slot,
                                    int fd, Glib::IOCondition condition,
                                    int priority = Glib::PRIORITY_DEFAULT);

The signal connection it's called like this
Glib::signal_io().connect(sigc::ptr_fun(MyCallback), read_fd, Glib::IO_IN);
and the callback function like this
bool input_callback(Glib::IOCondition condition);

Now, my doubt is, how can I pass some arguments to my callback function? How
should the callback function be coded?
Thanks in advance