Re: A fix for gcc -Wconversion warning in glibmm
- From: José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque cox net>
- To: Alexander Shaduri <ashaduri gmail com>
- Cc: gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: A fix for gcc -Wconversion warning in glibmm
- Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:12:50 -0400
El Apr 25, 2010, a las 9:20 AM, Alexander Shaduri <ashaduri gmail com>
I'm not sure if I should open a bug report for such a simple patch,
so I'm going to post it here instead (please advise on how to handle
this in the future).
Basically, this fixes the annoying gcc warning in glibmm when
-Wconversion is used:
/usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/timeval.h: In member function ‘double
/usr/include/glibmm-2.4/glibmm/timeval.h:160:62: warning: conversion
to ‘double’ from ‘long int’ may alter its value
Tested with gcc 4.5.0.
I'm attaching a patch (against glibmm master) which fixes the
warning by making an explicit cast where an implicit one was
As simple as it might be, filing it in bugzilla would ensure that it
is not forgotten.
] [Thread Prev