Re: treeview/scrolled box resizing

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, MK <halfcountplus intergate com> wrote :
I had a VBox with a treeview, an associated adjustment, and a scrollbar
set to that adjustment.  Someone pointed out this is the wrong way to
go since it does not prevent the expansion of the treeview.  I
suppose that method will only work if you are setting a definite widget
or window size.

As I understand it, that approach is appropriate for when your widget is of "fixed" or small size but inherently renders only a window on its world. This is most likely because it's a drawing area for which you are handling the expose event yourself. For widgets that fundamentally show the whole thing (which is most of the standard ones) you should use a ScrolledWindow.
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |