Making commercial software that uses the gtkmm library

Hi, My name is Luis Miguel, I'm from Colombia, and I'd like to make a commercial software that uses the gtkmm. I have read in the gtkmm manual reference (/http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtkmm-tutorial/unstable/sec-gtkmm.html.en/) that I can use this library without purchasing licenses. So far it's clear. But I have been reading that, If you use a library under the LGPL, the problem is in the way you distribute your software: *statically *or *dynamically. *I understand that if I use the static link (when I distribute my software with the library in my software package, right?) my software becomes LGPL and I don't want my code to be open source, I want to make it commercial and close-source code. In the other hand is the dynamic linking that is, I have to distribute my software package without the gtkmm library. But the problem is that I have to say to the customer to download the gtkmm library besides my software. So this leads to two question:

1. It's a possible way to use a static link to the gtkmm library but without making my software LGPL?, a mean making my software close-source code, but including the gtkmm library in my software package

In case is a negative answer to the first question

2. It's possible in the wizard installer of my installation to ask the user to download the gtkmm library from your web site (/http://www.gtkmm.org/download.shtml/) and then I make the dynamic link internally?

Thanks a lot for your attention,
Luis Miguel B.

P.S. I'm making software for cross-platform.