Window background image

Hi all,
i'm writing a gtkmm set of widget for audio applications, it's in very embrional state, but look at this: http://www.linuxdsp.co.uk/download/ch_eq2/images/ch-eq2_screenshot.png
That are audio plugins (non GPL) written in gtk!
So my question is: how could i put a background image under my custom widgets?

additional informations: the example i proposed uses a non-resizable window, maybe the background image is simply a composition of images each of them is background of a widget? In this case how i can put a background image to a songlw widget? via an RC file ?

Cheers

--
Carlo Ascani <carlo ratm gmail com>
La politica pratica consiste nell'ignorare i fatti. (Henry Adams)