Multiple selected texts

Hi everyone,

I have a little problem regarding text selections. I previously used an
older version of gtkmm where selected text, for example in an Entry widget,
wouldn't become deselected even if other text outside of the Entry was
selected. That is, the text in the Entry would only become deselected once
you left-clicked the Entry. An effect of this was that it was possible to
have multiple text areas selected simultaneously.

Now I'm using gtkmm2.4, where this property no longer holds. That is, an
Entry text will become deselected immediately once some other text outside
of the Entry is selected.

Thus, does anyone know how to enable multiple selected texts in gtkmm2.4?
Any suggestions or hints would be warmly welcome!

Best regards,
/Mattias