strange behaviour of hide()... or not ?

Hello,

I was surprised with an strange behaviour of hide(). I thought that
this was equivalent of "cancel()", but now it doesn't works.

I relooked the references pages...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

static void Gtk::Main::run  	( Window&  window ) [static]

Returns from the main loop when the window is closed.

When using this override, you should not use Gtk::Main::quit() to
close the application, but just call hide() on your Window class.

Parameters:
    	window 	The window to show. This method will return when the
window is hidden.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

..... because I have

Gtk::Window window;
Gtk::Main::run (window);

.... and this window only closes just by clicking the external frame
window x button, but not if hide() is called directly (not by functors
as many of examples...).

I'm wrong ???

Could help ???

S.