Re: how to prevent the console window poping out when running gtkmm app in windows vista?

Hello!

window. For MSVC, I think you can change the application type from
Console to GUI somewhere in the project properties.

Right, the application type shall be WIN32. But in this case you have another entry called WinMain() instead main(). In my WinMain() I even use RegisterClassEx to register an application title and application icons (normal and small). Such code ist generated from the MSVC Wizard too (just tested with Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express).

int APIENTRY _tWinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
                       HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                       LPTSTR lpCmdLine,
                       int nCmdShow)
{
        // check windows version
        DWORD dwVersion = GetVersion();

        if (!(dwVersion < 0x80000000))
        {
                MessageBox(0, "This software requires Windows 2000/XP or above!", "Fatal Error", MB_OK);
                return -1;
        }

        // Initialize global strings
        LoadString(hInstance, APPLICATION_TITLE, szWindowClass, MAX_LOADSTRING);
        MyRegisterClass(hInstance);

        return main(__argc, __argv);
}

Regards,