Re: Building gtkmm on Windows

On Thu, 2009-03-26 at 11:04 -0400, Damon Register wrote:
> Has anyone (other than the the creators of the gtkmm bundle) tried building
> gtkmm on Windows using the procdure given here?
> http://live.gnome.org/gtkmm/MSWindows/BuildingGtkmm
>
> I am having trouble with the gtkmm installer.  The gtkmm bundle provided by
> this installer  may be (not sure) broken.  The pixbufloaders seem to be
> missing so I thought I might try building the bundle in an effort to see
> why the loaders are missing.

Is this still the case with
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/gtkmm/2.16/gtkmm-win32-devel-2.16.0-2.exe?

> I obtained the GTK+ all-in-one bundle in accordance with the build instructions.
> libsigc++ builds with no trouble using the suggested
> ./configure && make && make install
>
> Make fails for glibmm with
>
> generate_defs_gio.cc:23:34: gio/gunixinputstream.h: No such file or directory
> generate_defs_gio.cc:24:35: gio/gunixoutputstream.h: No such file or directory

I hit the same problem when I built the windows installer. This is fixed
in glibmm SVN, and the glibmm 2.20.1 release will contain it.

2009-03-16  Armin Burgmeier  <armin openismus com>

        * MSVC_Net2005/giomm/giomm.vcproj:
        * MSVC_Net2008/giomm/giomm.vcproj: Added emblem.[h|cc],
        emblemedicon.[h|cc] and memoryoutputstream.[h|cc] to the
project.

        * tools/extra_defs_gen/generate_defs_gio.cc: #ifdef-out the unix
types
        on Windows.

> I notice on
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/stable/GUnixInputStream.html
> Note that <gio/gunixinputstream.h> belongs to the UNIX-specific GIO interfaces,
> thus you have to use the gio-unix-2.0.pc pkg-config file when using it.
> Something isn't right here?  Why should it be building with unix parts?
>
> So I guess my question is this:  is something broken in the bundle or glibmm, or
> is there some detail left out of the build instructions?
>
> Damon Register

Armin