Re: DND in TreeView

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 11:34 +0800, Deng Xiyue wrote:
> I've refined the testcase with output from both insert and delete signal
> handlers, so that you can see that the delete signal is never called
> when dragging the last row away.

I don't know what you mean by "dragging the last row away".  On this
system, dragging any row out of the window returns the row back to the
treeview as if the dragging operation was not valid.  No row is really
added or removed in that case.  It just looks like a no-op so no signal
handlers would be called because no row is modified.

> Still I'd like to know whether it is the supposed way to handle DND in
> TreeView.

I think the error is in the code inside the signal handlers because the
modified code I sent you outputs the statements I inserted when *any*
row is moved anywhere in the treeview (this is true as much for the last
row as for any other -- at least on this system). .  I don't know enough
about what you're trying to do, but I still think it's in the logic of
the handlers.

If all else fails, if you do what Jonner already suggested (i.e. write
parallel C and C++ code to see if there is a difference in behavior),
you'll probably have better success at finding the bug, if any.  You
should test in C and C++.  If the C and C++ code are equivalent and you
find a difference in behavior then I would say, yes file a bug.

--
José Alburquerque