Re: Re: Capturing Events in Vte::Terminal

Grizzly(Francis Smit) wrote:
> Grizzly(Francis Smit) wrote:
>>     hi  I have a problem I want to capture mouse clicks
>> in  Vte::Terminal but I cannot get it to catch the mouse, my code looks
>> like so
>>
>>         m_term->add_events(Gdk::BUTTON_PRESS_MASK);
>>         m_term->signal_button_press_event().
>>             connect(sigc::mem_fun(*this, &MainWin::OnButtonPressEvent)
>> );
>>  m_term->show();
>>         m_scrolledwindowone->show_all_children();
>>

> Hmmmm not looking good for a C++ solution to this, been going through
> the gnome-terminal source and it looks like they build a custom
> cellrender widget, doing this stuff in C is not fun there code is long
> winded.
>
> does anyone know of any C++ code that uses Vte::Terminal and captures
> the mouse events??  if so I like to know how some source would be good,
> thanks

There are no projects using my wrapper, because its existence is not
known and I don't guarantee for now any API/ABI stability, because I
want to remove one hack. And I didn't put sources in any scm service
like sourceforge.net yet.

But try searching for Paludis source code. Maybe they have something.
I once saw they made their own partial wrapper for Vte::Terminal for
their use.

Krzesimir Nowak