Re: keyboard short cuts/accelerators

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 23:18 +1100, Grizzly(Francis Smit) wrote:
> José Alburquerque wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 23:41 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
> >
> >> The following gtk+ documentation may also be useful:
> >>
> >> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.13/GtkMenuItem.html#gtk-menu-item-set-accel-path
> >> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/2.13/gtk-Accelerator-Maps.html#gtk-accel-map-add-entry
> >>

> > One last thing:  Equivalent methods can be found here:
> > http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/namespaceGtk_1_1AccelMap.html for gtkmm.
> >

> Thank you
>
> still struggling with this how ever, I cannot work out how to make this
> work with glade/libglademm, sadly libglademm's doc are mainly just a
> Doxygen skeleton,

libglademm has an incredibly tiny API.

There's some documentation here, though again it's small:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-libglademm.html

>  this seems to be a problem with many of our docs, also
> I cannot work out the accel_path parameter, none of the docs give more
> than sketchy details about what it is what it does and how to set it,
> some where I found <main_win>/File/Open as an example but I cannot work
> out what I should be using for <main_win>  ??

Looking at the description, it seems to be just an arbitrary identifier
that you can refer to later if necessary:
http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/reference/html/namespaceGtk_1_1AccelMap.html#6313a0f99aebe342c08f2d2d0f9416ad

But hopefully you don't need to use this API at all.

About your original question:
"
I'm using anjuta/glade3 but I cannot find the accelerators/short cuts
except stock items do it automatically
"

I see that in glade-3 you can click on the menubar widget, and look in
the Common tab in the Properties panel. Near the bottom is an
"Accelerators" item. Clicking the [...] button brings up a list of menu
items and accelerators that you can edit.

Personally I think that should be reachable via the regular menu editor.

www.openismus.com