Allow Copy in Treeview Drag & Drop

Hi,

I'm currently working on a treeview where I already have the treeview DnD working. However I'm struggling with a specific feature I would like to have: If I press the control key I would like to copy tree items instead of moving them. I googled around some time and looked through the specs but couldn't figure it out. Is this even possible with the simplified treeview DnD API or do I have to use the basic DnD API?

Thanks,
Alil