Re: CellRendererCombo Example Problem

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 00:40 -0600, Dustin Moore wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get a CellRendererCombo to work in a tree view, so I am
> using the example provided by:
>
> http://svn.gnome.org/svn/gtkmm-documentation/trunk/examples/book/treeview/combo_renderer/
>
> But after I successfully compile and run the example, I am unable to
> interact properly with the combo boxes.  If I double click on the
> combo box, the list flashes like it is constantly being redraw and my
> CPU goes to 100%.  I am also unable to select any of the items on the
> drop down.
>
> I have changed nothing in the files and compiled using the commands:
>
> g++ -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4` -c examplewindow.cc -o examplewindow.o
> g++ -Wall `pkg-config --cflags gtkmm-2.4` -c main.cc -o main.o
> g++ `pkg-config --libs gtkmm-2.4` -o main main.o examplewindow.o
>
> I am using Ubuntu with the gtkmm packages installed from the normal
> repositories.
>
> Is anybody else having this issue? Or, on a slightly different trend,
> is there a better way to have a combo box in a tree view?

I can confirm this with Ubuntu Intrepid, though I don't have the problem
in my jhbuild environment (built from svn).

I don't have this problem in other gtkmm-based application, such as
Glom, in Ubuntu Intrepid.

I guess we need to try
a) Breaking down that example to see if something there is causing it.
b) Trying the same thing in a C example.

Maybe then we will identify what Ubuntu needs to update/patch to fix it.

www.openismus.com