Re: How to use Gtk::Builder and UIManager with Glade?

I amazingly have exactly the same questions to ask !!!!

Any hints ?

Thank you

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Dancefire <dancefire gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to use Gtk::Builder to load a Xml, which is converted from .glade, and UIManager for menubar+toolbar.

I am not quite sure, does Gtk::Builder support Action already? or I have to use UIManager to load menubar and toolbar seperately as when we using libglade?

If I can load interface with menubar, which specified the Action, by using Gtk::Builder in one go, is there any example?

If I have to load the Window interface and menubar seperately, is there any guide on how to define the derived class from Gtk::Window? Since there are 2 different way to construct a single interface, I'm not sure what is the best way to define the derived Window class.

When I read Gtk+ document, I found GtkBuildable, I saw some Gtk* has implement GtkBuildable and has UI defination, which looks may solve my problem, however I didn't find it under gtkmm. May I ask what is it? Did gtkmm implement the interface to it?

And one more trivial question, why we not using XML schema to define the Xml used by libglade/GtkBuilder/UIManager in document? Xml Schema looks more popular recently.

Tao Wang