HAL/C++ announcement

Hello everyone,

Hereby I'm announcing the availability of HAL/C++.

HAL/C++ is a _reimplementation_ of libhal and libhal-storage in pure C++, using dbus-C++.
The API is oriented on the original C libhal and libhal-storage, but will not neccessarily be identical in the future.
The library is application oriented, API that is required by system-level tools or HAL addons is currently not available.

The library is only marginally related to glibmm/gtkmm as it only uses libsigc++ for signalling, but I thought I'll never the less
announce it here because I'm quite satisfied with the way it turned out :)

Homepage for halmm is:

http://projects.backtrace.info/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Halmm

Please note that halmm requires a specific version of dbus-c++ which is available from our Mercurial repositories as well due
to communication problems with dbus-c++ upstream (please see the note on the homepage). I hope that this situation can be remedied in the future.

Regards
M.

--
Please note that according to the German law on data retention,
information on every electronic information exchange with me is