Re: Client server project

Hello,

Boost is quite useful for this.
But as far as I know, there are some complications about Boost::string
and Glib::ustring and some other library related parts.

About 3 years ago I wrote a simple client-server based messenger in with
Gtkmm and an own implemented protcol.

For this I just used the basic C network stack wich I used with the
Gtkmm I/O functions on the client side and a simple console interface
with C++ STL on server side.
The server used the simple multiplex function "select" for example.

The following link covers some basics about the C network functions wich
I used in My app.

http://beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/multipage/index.html

As I started in the basics of network programming, the link above helped
Me alot.

But I'm pretty sure there are some powerful libraries out there like
Boost. But I like it small and simple. As it is used to say: "Back to
the roots." :-))

Any other opinion about My thoughts are naturaly welcome.

Best regards

Bernd