Re: GTKmm beginner

This is going to lead to disaster. You should not be putting instances of Gtk::HBox or any derived widgets into an STL container, only pointers to them. Widgets are not copyable in the way that many other kinds of objects are. Adding copy constructors will make the semantics of your code very hard to follow, and will likely lead to crashes and odd behaviour.