treeview with a first row fixed in its place

Hi there,

I have a treeview and what I'd like to achieve is that the first row
of the treeview (under the column headers) be fixed at its place so
the scrolling won't affect it. I would use this very first row to
filter the treeview. Attached an image showing the what I would like
to make. (As you can see there's a row under the column headers
including comboboxes)

I was able to access the column headers' buttons. (TreeViewColumn) The
TreeViewColumn has a function called set_widget, and I can set any
widget _inside_ that button, but it is not good for me, because if I
set a combobox with this, than - since it is inside the button - it
acts like a button too.

I also tried to replace that button with a vbox (and put the button
and a combobox in the vbox) but as soon as I removed the button from
the treeview, it complaind about propagating expose cannot be done (
g_assert (child->parent == GTK_WIDGET (container));) I think this is
because this button is a private child of the treeview, so it won't
let me replace it with any other widget.

Is there any other way to achieve this? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thx.
Balazs

PNG image