Re: Handling deprecated function with no substitute

2009/12/31 michi7x7 <mailing-lists michi7x7 de>:
> Hi,
>
> probably it's best to mark the getter as deprecated and remove it when
> gtksourceview is removed.
> Since no methods will be removed within the same major-version, there
> shouldn't  be any problems with that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Michi

This applies when a deprecated C function has its better substitute
[1], so C++ bindings can use it internally for deprecated method
without getting warnings about using deprecated C functions [2].

This is not the case - there is no substitute to getter, so for now
I'm forced to use deprecated C function - this causes distcheck to
fail on its standard warnings level. That is why I'm asking which
option from my previous post to use in the end.

Krzesimir

[1] like gtk_source_view_set_mark_category_icon_from_pixbuf() is a
better substitute of deprecated
gtk_source_view_set_mark_category_pixbuf().

[2] deprecated SourceView::set_mark_category_pixbuf() uses
gtk_source_view_set_mark_category_icon_from_pixbuf() internally
instead of deprecated gtk_source_view_set_mark_category_pixbuf().