Re: Gdk offscreen windows?

On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 10:17 +0100, Oscar Lazzarino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've seen that in gtkmm 2.18.2 the following methods
>
> GdkPixmap *gdk_offscreen_window_get_pixmap(GdkWindow *window);
> void gdk_offscreen_window_set_embedder (GdkWindow *window, GdkWindow *embedder);
> GdkWindow *gdk_offscreen_window_get_embedder (GdkWindow *window);
>
> are not wrapped.
>
> Is there any stable version of gtkmm that wraps these methods (or any
> plan to wrap them in the near future)?

Sorry for missing them. I have just added them to git master:
http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gtkmm/commit/?id=f63da146d99e26f9cc84202a3c1b38685f447488

> Also, is there some unstable 2.19 version (where those methods are
> wrapped)? I can't find it in the "usual" place in
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gtkmm/ and the link to the
> unstable version in the download page in
> http://www.gtkmm.org/download.shtml is broken.

We haven't done any gtkmm 2.19 tarball release yet. I think we will
soon.

In the meantime, this hack should help you with gtkmm 2.18:

GdkPixmap* gdkwindow =
  gdk_offscreen_window_get_pixmap(
    cppgdkwindow->gobj());
Glib::RefPtr<Gdk::Pixmap> pixmap =
  Glib::wrap((GdkPixmapObject*)gdkwindow);
if(pixmap)
  pixmap->reference().

www.openismus.com