GTKMM: Adding Gtk::TextView member doesn't allow me to bring up the GUI anymore.

Hi all,

I'm a GTKMM and C++ newb, so this may be a very stupid mistake.

My problem is that adding the line "Gtk::TextView textView;" to my header causes my GUI not to display anymore.   Without that line, it comes up fine.  Note, that I have not included my source in this email/post because I did not change anything in the source.  The only change is that one line to the header as well as its corresponding "#include <gtkmm/textview.h" include statement. The GUI  just no longer comes up.  The program terminates/returns immediately without any error.  Also note that this compiles fine without warning.

I am using eclipse to develop as well as gtkmm 2.4 and I have ubuntu's gtk2.x package installed.

Please help me out.

Thanks,
jbu

Ignore the fact that this is called hello world:

#ifndef GTKMM_EXAMPLE_HELLOWORLD_H
#define GTKMM_EXAMPLE_HELLOWORLD_H

#include <gtkmm/window.h>
#include <gtkmm/table.h>
#include <gtkmm/button.h>
#include <gtkmm/togglebutton.h>
#include <gtkmm/textview.h>

class HelloWorld : public Gtk::Window
{

public:
  HelloWorld();

private:
  //Table
  Gtk::Table table;

  //Signal handlers:
  void num_btn_clicked(Glib::ustring num), btn0_clicked(), btn1_clicked(), btn2_clicked(), btn3_clicked(), btn4_clicked(), btn5_clicked(), btn6_clicked(), btn7_clicked(), btn8_clicked(), btn9_clicked();
  void enter_clicked(), power_clicked(), record_clicked();

  //Member widgets:
  Gtk::Button btn0, btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, enter, last;
  Gtk::ToggleButton power, record;
  Gtk::TextView textView;
};

#endif // GTKMM_EXAMPLE_HELLOWORLD_H