How to make a custom widget emit signal_motion_notify_event

I am making a custom widget which derives from Gtk::Widget. I make my own Gdk::Window upon realization. In the attributes.mask I put Gdk::POINTER_MOTION_MASK. Should this be enough for the signal_motion_notify_event to be fired? According to my testing no. I am missing something but I don't know what. Since my widget is derived from Gtk::Widget shouldn't the signal_motion_notify_event() work automatically? Please tell me what am I missing here?

Thank you in advance.

Μοιραστείτε τις αναμνήσεις σας μέσω Internet με τους φίλους σας με τους φίλους σας.