Re: Something wrong with ustring::const_iterator

Am Dienstag, den 28.04.2009, 21:41 +0100 schrieb Chris Vine:

> Actually that's not right.  It could be passed by const
> Glib::ustring::const_iterator& and still get the implicit conversion,

Right.

> which would be the best way of doing it.  (Too many consts for my poor
> mind).

It doesn't really matter much.  As to performance, any decent compiler
should be able to inline the hell out of it and reduce this down to a
cmp-instruction directly on the registers in use by the caller.  In
fact, too many indirections are more likely to confuse the optimizer,
although in this case it should be able to resolve it.

> I've said I will submit a patch so I will do it that way (unless you
> want to patch it).

A patch is always welcome!  It will also make it easier to keep track of
this, just in case it causes regressions.

--Daniel