Re: Why Gtk::Builder::get_widget(_derived) returns void?

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Krzesimir Nowak wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 14:01 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I guess I thought it was confusing to have the same thing returned as
> > the result and via an output parameter, and I preferred having an output
> > parameter to avoid using the callthis<WithThisType>() syntax that would
> > be unfamiliar to many people.

> It's understandable that using callthis<WithThisType>() would be a
> labourous syntax, but I don't agree with confusion about returning a
> pointer via result and output parameter:
>
> [...]

I agree with Krzesimir: it is not confusing to be given a result via
parameter and return value. It rather reminds me of strcpy() and similar
functions.

All the best,
Mark

Mark Roberts, hardcore C++-Programmierer, Musiker, Schauspieler
05121 511455
www.rapid-arts-movement.de