gtkmm now uses git

GNOME's conversion from svn to git now seems complete.

This means that glibmm, gtkmm, and other *mm modules now use git. As a
side-effect, the extra *mm modules, such as goocanvasmm, are at the
top-level instead of in a gnomemm/ module.

Git wasn't my choice. It makes branching and merging much easier (I've
already started a gtkmm-maybe3 branch) but it's very difficult for the
simple changes that most people make and it makes managing contributions
more complex. So don't blame me. There's some help here:
http://live.gnome.org/Git
and I have updated the website appropriately:

Please note that we are _still_ using the ChangeLog, despite a fashion
among git people to ignore it or to generate it. This might change in
future if some other project shows over time that it can be done well.
I'm not interested in discussing that now because it's already been
discussed repeatedly and unpleasantly elsewhere.

As usual, we use the ChangeLog entry for our commit message. However, as
a concession to the eccentricities of various Git tools, we will now add
a one-line description at the start of the ChangeLog/commit message, and
we will not include the date/author line in the commit message. More
details here:
http://live.gnome.org/ChangeLog

Please also avoid inflicting your tiny local commits on us. If you
change your mind about something before pushing to git.gnome.org, then
"squash" your commits together, just as you would only submit one patch
to bugzilla.

www.openismus.com