Re: Why Gtk::Builder::get_widget(_derived) returns void?

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 22:31 +0200, Krzesimir Nowak wrote:
> Well, question is asked in topic.
>
> In libglademm such methods of Glade::Xml return a pointer to widget we
> are getting from glade file. Which was neat, because it could be used in
> constructor's initializer list.

I guess I thought it was confusing to have the same thing returned as
the result and via an output parameter, and I preferred having an output
parameter to avoid using the callthis<WithThisType>() syntax that would
be unfamiliar to many people.

www.openismus.com