Gtk::EventBox button_press_event

Hi

I have added a TreeView and an EventBox on a Gtk::Window. When the
EventBox is clicked the event handler of that event box button_
press_event gets called which executes a database query to display
some records in the TreeView, this process takes some time (we can say
1 min).

With in this one min, if that EventBox is clicked again then the event
handler gets called one more time which should not happen. How do I
make the event handler not getting called until the records are
displayed in the TreeView. Please give me some ideas.

Thanks in advance
Govinda