Re: glademm signals

There is no equivalent, however you can call the C API version using gobj() on the Gnome::Glade::Xml object.
Additionally, if you use handlers in your own code (you can always specify gtk_widget_* functions in the glade editor, at least in glade-2), then you must makes sure they have C linkage, otherwise the symbols names will not match the mangled symbols in the compiled images.

Needless to say, this limits the possibilities of Glade XML autoconnection with gtkmm severely.

By the way the simple reason why autoconnection in a "C++ fashion" is not supported is because gtkmm uses sigc signals on the C++ level which have really nothing to do with their C GObject signal counterparts.

HTH
Milosz