Re: how to show button stock item without text?

On Sunday 14 September 2008, Carlo Wood wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:34:36AM +0200, Germán Diago wrote:
> > Hello. I would like to show some stock buttons without showing the
> > text associated to them in my application.

<snip>
> which uses the Gtk::Stock::REFRESH icon, but replaces
> the text ("Refresh") with "Flip".

I think that's the answer to the wrong question. The OP asked for "without
text", not "with other text".

If the intent is to put them in a tool bar as just icons, then the trick is to
set the tool bar style:
    ToolBar->set_toolbar_style ( Gtk::TOOLBAR_ICONS );

If you want to use stock images for other things, you probably want the
Gtk::Stock::lookup method to get the image.