Re: Install gtkmm from source

Paulo Flabiano Smorigo wrote:
Hi everybody,

How can I compile my gtkmm libraries from source. Is there a "how to" explaning the procedure? I started downloading the gtkmm-2.12.7.tar.bz2. Then asks for glibmm, that asks for glib... After they ask for cairomm, that asks for cairo, that asks for pixman....

I don't want to overwrite the system version so I use the prefix= tag with ./configure

Thanks in advance...
Paulo Flabiano Smorigo

Note, this is really not recommended unless you know what you're doing or you want to help hack on gtkmm itself, but the easiest way to do this is described here: http://gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-working-with-svn.html

--
jonner