Using gtkmm with Visual C++ and _SECURE_SCL=0

Hallo.

I'm trying to introduce gtkmm (also) on windows as GUI to my non-GUI libraries. As many other users of Visual C++ I need to #define _SECURE_SCL=0 for the Release-versions of my libraries and any application that uses them, to ensure a satisfying performance of the STL-containers.

It turns out that "_SECURE_SCL=0" is incompatible with gtkmm from the windows installer-package. All the release-versions of the libraries here are compiled with the default (and slow) "_SECURE_SCL=1". This would be no problem at all, if no public interfaces would instantiate or exchange any STL-containers. But a sigc::signal for example, uses std::list to store slots connected to signals and returns a list::iterator with the connect()-function. This produces linker errors when calling signal::connect() and compiling and linking an application with "#define _SECURE_SCL=0" against gtkmm.

Has anybody ever ran into the same kind of problem(s) and found a workaround other than recompiling gtkmm and all its dependant C++-libraries?

I would like to enjoy the comfort and reliability of the installers both for development and deployment. Using "_SECURE_SCL=1" with my own source-code is definitely not an option, due to the absolutely disappointing performance of the STL-containers in this mode.

I searched for _SECURE_SCL in the archives but didn't get any results. Has this ever been a topic?

thanks in advance and regards
Thomas