Re: [newbie questions]

As John told, welcome from Me too. :D

If you call "hide()", the window will disappear.
To get the window back visible, call "show()" on the instance the
windows hides.
If you call "hide()" on the last window in you app,
the loop will end and "run()" will return to the "main"-function
wich normaly terminate the app (if you do not have any other threads
beside "run()" running).
It's just like "quit()".

If you permanently want to delete a window-instance, than I think it is
the best way to just kill the instance with the destructor when you call
"quit()" on that instance.

If I understand you question, the link wich John sends you is quite
good. Perhaps take a look to this page too, if you want receive signals
from other threads in you app.

http://www.gtkmm.org/docs/gtkmm-2.4/docs/tutorial/html/chapter-chapter-timeouts.html

Ok, if I'm not absolutly wrong, I hope we could help you a bit.

Greetings

Bernd